A blog about my photos, my artwork, quotations, ideas, collections, passions, England, authors, handwork of all kinds, rusty bits, buffalo, and architectural detail...for starters. And the occasional rant.



Monday, June 3, 2013

Fresh Air Feet

Every traveler knows that shoes can make the all the difference. You need two pair of comfortable walking shoes - that's the basic minimum, along with good socks that will wick moisture. Anything else (dress shoes, flip-flops, etc.) is optional.

I have two pair of comfortable walking shoes and I have switched between them as one is told. I have several pair of thick socks which have kept my feet dry. I have had no blisters, sore toes, or any other type of foot problem. Well, there has been one small problem...

After almost a month of long days in those shoes and socks, my feet are crying out to be bare - not just over night, but for days...a minimum of 48 hours...no, more than that...a week at least!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Tere, I couldn't stand to wear ANY kind of shoes for that long a period of time. I wear shoes only when absolutely necessary, and I've become real comfortable walking in some good, fairly well-supported sandals. My feet simply need to be out in the air, even in dead winter!

    ReplyDelete