A blog about my photos, my artwork, quotations, ideas, collections, passions, England, authors, handwork of all kinds, rusty bits, buffalo, and architectural detail...for starters. And the occasional rant.



Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Big Oops!

I started this blog with a quote from Samuel Beckett, “No problem. Try again. Fail again.  Fail better.”  Turned out to be somewhat prescient.    In my ‘Snail Mail’ blog entry of 11/17  I mentioned a bit of guerrilla mail I had been indulging in by sending postcards  of floral clocks anonymously (that’s what guerrilla mail is) to a workmate of my daughter’s.

I had visions of her pleasant trips to the mailbox in anticipation of another installment of “Floral Clocks Around the World”.  And the denouement with the last one pointing to the blog entry was looked forward to with great anticipation by both my daughter and myself.

My guerrilla mail was a bitter failure.  The recipient was not amused, to say the least.  To that I say, “No problem. Try again. Fail again.  Fail better.”   Next time we will be very careful in our choice of recipient.

It appears an apology is in order, and if so I certainly do apologize.  But it is a shame it was such a lovely idea gone awry.

No comments:

Post a Comment