A blog about my photos, my artwork, quotations, ideas, collections, passions, England, authors, handwork of all kinds, rusty bits, buffalo, and architectural detail...for starters. And the occasional rant.



Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Scotch Eggs

One more note about food...

My English friend and I had a conversation about Scotch Eggs before I left. He told me it was one of the things he missed most - the crisp outer crust and the spices of the sausage wrapped around a tummy filling egg. His eyes almost misted over as he let his memory go back to his favorite pub grub.

I had to admit I had only had them in the States and they were frankly a little disappointing.

"Try one when you are over there," he said, and he made me promise. So today we sat in The George on the Strand, suddenly starving when we realized it was 3: in the afternoon, and I saw Scotch Egg on the menu. I figured I might as well get it over with.



I am now officially a fan of Scotch Eggs. My friend was so right. I only wish I could bring him one back with me.

A little bit about The George: It was founded as a coffee house in 1723 and is almost as charming inside as it is outside.


For those of you who are very observant - yes, it was raining, pretty much all day in fact.
 
This should be the last post about food for a while...but don't bet on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment