A blog about my photos, my artwork, quotations, ideas, collections, passions, England, authors, handwork of all kinds, rusty bits, buffalo, and architectural detail...for starters. And the occasional rant.



Thursday, September 18, 2014

365 Photo Challenge - August

Much like the February Fabric challenge, I didn't need to leave the house to find plenty of subject matter for Ceramic. In truth, I probably could do an entire 365 of ceramic without leaving my house. As a serial collector I was able to do my month without even unpacking the balance of my miniature shoe, or salt shaker, or little English cottage, or reamer collections.


Aside from my various collections, I have a fondness for small bowls. Where else am I going to put all those bits and bobs I can't seem to part with.

A few of my brass bits in one of my collection of Scott MacDowell pieces

It did give me a nice opportunity to add to my Squircle Flickr Group. What the heck is a Squircle you ask? It's a squared circle...and I promise more on Squircles at a later date. If you can't wait check out my Flickr Squircle album.

Squircles from the August challenge


Ceramics need dusting, and they break, but even broken they are lovely things.



No comments:

Post a Comment